Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Raw nasty speed!

I skipped core this morning.... again. Enough said.

It rained most of the day today. I decided around noon that doing HOL repeats was not the best idea. With the rocks being wet I was only looking for trouble if I did them. So I decided to get some speed work in and I haven't done that in a while. Once I walked out of the office I knew I was in for a tough workout. It was about 87 degrees and very very humid. I knew that the Ship of Fools were meeting at the JimiTex @ 5:45 and I knew I wanted to get some mileage in before the workout started. I got to the Jimitex @ 5:10 and I was running by 5:15. I ran LAB to Expo to Enfield back to LAB and back to the JimiTex. I almost made it back before I saw Shipmates running my way. I turned around with them and headed for O'Henry. It was about a 3.5 mile warm up and oh was it warm. I was drenched before the workout even started.
Today's workout was partner 400's. I was on a mission for pain today so I choose Capt. Jim as my partner. Jim is much faster than I am so my recovery would be shorter than normal and that was fine by me.
You know it's humid out when ol' Logan take off his shirt to run. I rarely do this but I was dying with my shirt on. Capt. Jim kept me moving and my HR elevated. We kicked out 6 400's all between 1:27 and 1:34. Jim joined me for the last one and he pushed me to finish in 1:29 after dropping off a bit on the previous 3. Thanks Jim. After the 400's were finished we did 3 man relays. Tough to explain but I ended up running 3 laps at about 95%. Good times.
I checked the weather and Thurs. looks cooler and less humid without any rain in the forecast so I am planning on doing my HOL repeats then. I am looking forward to it.

No comments: