Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Today was a productive day. I actually got out of bed for spin this morning. I am sure Pain appreciated the coffee. I usually get off the bike @ 7 so it leaves me time to stretch, shower and answer questions before I have to leave for the office. Today I decided to stay on for the full workout because I was really enjoying it. We had 23 people in the PTC this morning and that created some energy. Having Pain there always gives me a boost, not that I needed it today. Just a great spin class.
At lunch today I jetted over to Lost Creek for a swim. I swam next to 2004 Olympian Brenden Hansen. The guy has a bronze, silver and gold medal for swimming. Needless to say I was impressed with how he was kicking everyones ass. I was in the same lane as Dionn today and I just love swimming with Dionn. I never know what's going to come out of her mouth next. We did a 20x 50 m pull set. Lots of breath control and we had fun with that. The last 1500 meters were 3x 500. I was spent and barley survived. I need more time in the water..... work in progress.
After work I coached the T3 track workout. Plenty of people and it wasn't too cold.

So.....people have been asking me what races I am doing this year a lot lately. I decided last year that I just didn't want to do an Ironman in 2010. I decided on a race called the Triple T. It's in May in southern Ohio. I have family that lives about 75 minutes from there so I thought making a race/ family trip would be a good idea.
The Triple T was just voted as one of the best weekend tri events in the world by Tri Mag. The event consists of the following:
Friday @ 3:00 p.m. : Super Sprint Tri
Saturday @ 8:00 a.m.: Olympic Tri
Saturday @ 3:00 p.m.: Reverse Olympic Tri (Run/Swim/Bike)
Sunday @ 8:00 a.m.: 1/2 Ironman
I signed up to do all the races. I know it sounds crazy but they have about another 200 people doing it so I won't be the only one suffering.
You can check it out @ http://www.americantriple-t.com/

I also plan on racing Ironstar in Conroe, TX in November. I have done this race before and I liked it. Plus it's a cheap stay as Jack's uncles live less than 2 minutes from the race site.

No comments: