Thursday, September 24, 2009

Show and tell day
















I was able to get out of bed this morning with plenty of time to make it to core class. Living 4 minutes from the PTC helps out a lot! Tasha did her duty and put me through some pain. Opre and Landon were there this morning so I had some good laughs with them. Opre was telling me how he had some stripper lotion on and he wanted me to smell it. No way dirty old man!!!!
After work today I drove over to the HOL. Changed quickly in the X and jumped on the trail. It had rained all day here so I wasn't too sure what to expect. Well the gate was locked so that should have been my first clue. Never the one to obey a locked gate I jumped the fence, put down my water and started running. In order to do this workout from where I enter I actually have to go down the HOL first before I get to the trail. So I more like walked down the HOL first. Once at the bottom I jumped on the Greenbelt and ran 5 minutes out and 5 minutes back. That was my warm up. I was pretty cautious my first couple of repeats today because there wasn't much traction with the wet rocks. Going down was a little hairy and my foot slipped a couple of times but I managed to stay balanced and never did fall.
I did 4 repeats today. 4 up and 4 down. I could have only done 3 down but Jess called me out on not doing the same amount for up and down. I wouldn't want to upset my educational wonder!!!
Here are my times:
Up: 5:31, 5:31, 5:35, 5:24
Down: 4:28, 4:27, 3:59, 4:10
The 3:59 was a cool one. I found myself in a good grove and my timing was on. Finding the right spots to run came easy and I was picking up my feet. I felt really good and wasn't too concerned with the wet rocks.
After my 3rd repeat I met up with a lady named Nancy who was just out for a nice trail run with her dog. We talked for a few minutes while I explained that I'm not rude I just won't shake her hand because I don't want to catch the flu. Is that rude? I'm not thinking so if you explain yourself. She was a multi time Ironman finisher who was taking the year off and had actually done the swim clinic 4 years ago with T3. Small world.

More pics posted of the HOL and GB. I also took some video so we'll see how that turned out.
I am still working on getting photos in the right place. My skills lack in that dept.





No comments: