Monday, September 28, 2009

New and not so new.




So as you can see my shoes are a little dirty. Can you believe that working out can actually make them dirty? Go figure!! I picked up a new pair of Avi Stoltz trail running shoes by Avia over at Hill Country Running Company this past weekend. The store is owned and operated by my friends Jamie Cleveland and Andrea Fisher. I had not been there before and I thought the store looked great with plenty in stock and there was this warm feeling there. It's hard to explain but I really felt welcomed. I think the place was very homey in a runner sort of way.
I usually put anywhere from 250 and 300 miles on a pair of running shoes. I am not sure if this will work for trail running shoes as the pair on the bottom are already showing signs of wear. I'm pretty sure that's because of HOL repeats and the lack of traction there. I have to be careful as these types of shoes run $120 bucks a pop.
Tonight was the Monday night hill workout. I had the group do Wilke repeats. I did some of the workout with them and I ended up doing 5 repeats. I planned on doing 10 but my legs were tight and didn't have the pep I hoped they would have had. I plan on running after work tomorrow so I'll plan on running by Wilke during my run and kick out the other 5 repeats. I wouldn't want to cheat myself.

No comments: