Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back to a typical Tues.

This morning I dragged my ass out of bed at 5:30 to make it to spin by 6:00. The class was ok but I just didn't have the motivation to ride. The workout wasn't bad but I just felt bored. I finished it but that's not saying much I guess.

After a day at work that would have made any grown adult cry, my plan was to go run. Before I left the office I checked my gear bag and looked at my running shoes. I didn't have my orthodics in them. If I don't have my O's I'm not running. Orthodics are inserts that are formed to my feet and I wear them in my running shoes. These things have saved me from numerous foot, knee and hip issues. I got them at Dr. Spears office from Tammy. I HIGHLY recommend Tammy. She one of the many people that have kept me going for the last few years.
Since I didn't have my O's I decided to go home and do a run from my place. As I got closer to the casa I was quickly loosing motivation to run. When I walked in the door I had all but made up my mind to just clean my bike and go to bed early. I walked into my bedroom and there they were looking right at me. Like I couldn't go run now. I look at my watch and I have 30 minutes to change and drive to the Tues. night track workout with the Ship. I get there with 1 minute to spare and that was long enough for a quick pit stop.

The workout was as follows:
Track workout.
800 @ 5k pace
400 @ 1/2 of that - :10 secs.
4 x through
800's
3:15
3:10
3:07
3:00

400's
1:27
1:30
1:26
1:24

Glad I made the workout. It made for a nice end to the day.