Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Back in the saddle again

Things have been progressing ok I guess. My shoulder is my main concern right now. It's still causing me some pain and the bone popping up on the top of it doesn't look any better. I was at PW today and Chris worked on me. He has me doing some mobility exercises and I'll do them but when I do, it just shows me that I am still a long ways off from being able to get back into full training.
This morning I dragged my ass out of bed and hit the PTC for a trainer class with the gang. I did ok. I am using my road bike because shifting the gears on it is much better than trying it on my tri bike. I did the entire workout but took it easy in some spots to catch my breath.
After work I joined the Ship of Fools for a workout at O'Henry. 4x 1000 meter repeats. I felt good the entire time. My knee looked a little swollen at the end of it where I banged the shit out of it 3 weeks ago. I am hoping that it isn't going to be an issue later on down the line.
While at the track I ran into my good friend Mrs. Capt. Jim Ryan..... aka Michelle. She did the Texas Independence Relay this weekend and while she was running one of her legs @ midnight some piece of shit hit her. ......with a fucking car!!!!!!! The guy was driving down the friggin' bike lane and missed the guy in front of her but hit her. She tried to get out of the way but the front part of his car got her a bit and her ass took off the passenger side mirror. To top it all off the fuckhead never even stopped. Coward ass fuck!!! 2 things that really really piss me off are a-holes that leave the scene of an accident and those complete cowards that go off and kill a few people and then kill themselves. You're a real winner if you do that...... your family must be so proud. You are weak and it'll catch up with you one day.

1 comment:

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Congrats on getting back out there Coach!!!