Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Getting caught up.

Saturday I did the T3 group ride outside. It was damn cold and even more windy. We did an out and back. The way out was the head wind so on the way back we were rewarded with a tail wind of sorts. Tough day but I am very glad that I did it. 67 miles.
Sunday I did the T3 group run. It was a small group because 3M was the same day but the trail was dead so that was nice. Again Joe took off of the front and I let him. I ran with Ben and Matt a bit. It's funny how you find momentum during a run. I was at mile 8 and I saw 2 friends of mine running the opposite direction. It was Paul and Des. For those of you who don't know who Des is, it's Desiree Ficker. She finished 2nd at the 2006 IM World Championships. When I saw Paul and Des I automatically got my legs moving. So much that I dropped Ben and Matt. I was just so happy to see P&D. I hadn't seen them for a while. I kept up the pace and then ran into Brandon Marsh at mile 10 and picked it up again. Brandon is another tri stud that is straight badass. So overall my second 1/2 was wayyyy better than my first. Oh... and while at the water stop I ran into a lady friend that I hadn't seen in a while. It was NICE to see her. Hubba Hubba!!!
I ended up with 14 miles in 1:52:05. Just about an 8 minute pace.
That afternoon I went to the PTC and hopped on the trainer for an hour and 15 minutes. I pushed myself for the entire ride. That's tough to do when you are the only one there. Good mental toughness.
Monday I did an hour yoga before work. I swam at lunch for an hour. 2900 yards. Then I coached after work.
Today I was up early for a trainer ride with T3 for 1 hour and 5 minutes. During lunch I had a 30 minute massage. Lisa worked my right hammy over time. Ouch but a good ouch. After work I did a track workout. 9 400 meter repeats. I stayed on minimal rest and stayed about 1:33 pace. It was windy and 37 degrees so no over the top stuff today.

No comments: