Thursday, February 5, 2009

Today was a good day. Nothing spectacular but still pretty solid.
The morning started off with a spin class with Maggie. This was Mags first spin class to coach at the PTC. She did a great job. The music was a little loud but we soon remedied that. Lots of big gear work and low cadence. Towards the end of it all I wanted to do is go fast with the cadence.

After work I hit the trail and did the 3 mile loop and then ran to the Thurs. hill workout with the Ship. The workout was all hills in Tarrytown. 1 mile, 3/4 mile, 1/2 mile and a 1/4 mile to finish it off. I am still working out the kinks between me and my Garmin so I only got the time for the mile. 6:30. I almost caught Paladino but he heard me coming and sped up. Good workout. I like working my ass off with hills involved. I thought we should do more repeats but the Garmin was @ 6.8 miles and I still had to run back the X. The run finished off with 7.5 miles. Good enough for a Thurs. As my training progresses I'll start adding more miles to the Thurs. run. I am thinking up to 12 max.
I am trying to find another day to run but am running into some scheduling issues. I have a few spots open but they will only allow me to get in about 5 or maybe 6 miles. I don't want junk miles so hopefully Pain can give me some ideas on how to handle this.

No comments: