Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back in the game

I tried to take some time off after Bandera but I just couldn't let it go too far. I am now back into full training mode and that makes me happy. I missed riding outside.
Updates:
- Jess is helping me with figuring out my nutrition. I am starting out with small questions now but my eventual goal is to figure out my race needs. I am getting sick and tired of feeling like shit while training long. I am hoping she can help.
- I am ordering some nutrition bars from Mer this Friday. She makes them herself and they are way better for me than Cliff bars. Plus they taste wicked good!!!
- I ordered a Road ID tonight. Should be here by the end of the month. I figured it was a good idea since I plan to start to ride to work again.
- Got new lights for the KHS. SOB's are freaking bright!
- Did my first full swim practice yesterday. 3200 meters. I am pleased that I did the entire thing. I'm waiting for my arms to start aching.
- Did a ride with Dan and Brad yesterday. I brought out my race bike and I shouldn't have. The route we did was to technical for it and the road bike would have worked nicely. Either way they would have smoked my ass. 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Did the speed workout with the Ship tonight. I made it 3 1 mile repeats. I think that's was a good # to start with. 6:55, 6:59, 6:59. I hope my athletes read this and see that, yes.... you can actually stay within 5 secs of each repeat. Ha!
- Up tomorrow morning to swim with Pain. Good times.
- I caught up with Vernau yesterday over a choc shake from P. Terry's. Her story about her first UT masters swim class was classic.

My job right now SUCKS!!!!! I am soo stressed out about it. I actually woke up Sunday night thinking about it. I don't need this shit.

laters

No comments: