Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Good day to be a Tuesday.

This morning was up and out early for Pain's spin workout. You missed a good one Joe. Even Booher said it was tough. 2 mins building a gear every 30 seconds while holding cad. 4 minutes building cad. each minute while holding gear and a 2 minute time trial. 3 sets with the time trial going an additional 2 minutes each set. Finishing off the morning with a 10 min set. 5 x 2 min sets with the last 30 secs in a heavy gear holding the same cad. Good times. It's good to have Pain back.
After work today I did the track workout with the Ship. 3 x 1 mile repeats. I ran with Paul and Jen for the first 2 and then they split the last one so they would only have to do an 800.
6:58
6:54
6:52
Yet again it was hotter than hell outside but with a little breeze. My cardio was not feeling all that great by the 2nd one and Jen told me not to think about my ride this morning. She's a smart girl.
I have 1 month before H2C in Oregon and I need to drop about 10lbs and gain some serious speed. I plan on running at least times a week for the next month with 2 rides worked in. We'll see how that goes.

Shoulder update. I went to PW yesterday to have my shoulder worked on by Phil. After some mobility tests he tells me my shoulder is fine but my neck is a mess. So now it's neck stretches for a while and hopefully the nerve that runs from my neck through my shoulder and down my arm will start feeling better. My hand is going numb and that is just freaking irritating. Back to see Phil tomorrow for my neck and a possible knee issue. Good times.

4 comments:

Joe said...

Yeah i haven't gotten desperate enough to get on the trainer...this is a great place to ride outside.

That nerve sounds familar - long thoracic nerve? That was the one that had me screwed up for so long. Takes time and PT. Suck

Hua said...

I'm glad your shoulder feels better, hope your neck gets better too!

Chad Davis said...

you still alive cuz?

Hua said...

Hey Coach Logan,

I found your blog while searching for the best information on ironman's and triathlons. I think your blog is very helpful and believe that you could reach even more people if you joined Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN). The HBN is comprised of over 2,600 of the web's best health writers and their content is read by over 6 million visitors a month at Wellsphere.com.

For more information about joining, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.



Best,

Hua

Director of Blogger Networks