Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Rollercoaster of the King!

Life is freaking crazy. The older I get the faster it moves and the more it pisses me off and the more I can't do anything about it. People say that sometimes you need to stop and smell the roses. Well, everytime I smell the roses and try to relax I remember there's another 20 things I could be doing with my time and off I go. Ugh! Oh well.
Here's what's going on in my life right about now. Some good stuff here.
- One of the big things is that I am finally going to start my own announcing business. Pain is helping draw up a business plan since I have no clue to what I am getting myself into. I look forward to announcing more and getting my name out there. btw---- Anyone have a good name for my business? I was thinking of a conservative name and a real Logan name. Here are my 2 so far - ATX Announcing or Logan's BIG DEAL Announcing. Any suggestions would be nice.

- I have cancelled all of my trips this summer to concentrate on paying my bills. I just couldn't get past the fact that I still owe some money and going on 3 trips this summer just wouldn't be right. Thanks to everyone for understanding.

- I have taken a large step back from T3. Not because I don't want to be part of the family but I just believe my idea of business management and others ideas of it are different. Plus...sometimes people aren't what they appear to be. I am still coaching 2 days a week but that's about it.

- I bit the bullet and signed up for one last Ironman. June 2011 I'll be back in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho for the 2011 Ford Ironman Coeur d’Alene. I say one last because I really don't want to have to do another one after this so I am hoping that I can hit my goal time and then retire for the distance. I really like the 70.3 distance so I'll go back down to that after IMCDA.

- I have a new coach as well. Pain is still my life coach cause lord knows I can't function without that woman but I have a different tri coach. His name is Zane Castro and he's the same Zane from J&A's fame. We've been working together for 3 months now and I am seeing a totally different approach to training. I will not lie... some days I think it totally sucks...this control your heart rate stuff blows. But I am enjoying the structure and the individual attention.

Well...it looks like I'll be updating more often now that I have a IM on the horizon. I won't actually start "training" for it until January but I have discussed with Zane the importance of being ready for IMCDA so starting a year out with that race as my main goal will absolutely help me out.

First workout-
25 minutes of core..... and I'm gonna be soooo sore tomorrow.
I rode the bike to work. 17 miles.
I am about to ride home from work in the rain and then go for a 60 min run....in zone 2. Zone 2 is for sucks!

Thanks and take care-
Logan

1 comment:

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Hey dude! Congrats on some amazing life decisions!!! Change is awesome!! Would love to chat with you about your announcing business! You'll be awesome.