Thursday, April 1, 2010

Shit....it's windy!

Yep, Austin, TX in the spring brings a few things. The Bluebonnets are out, the temps are in the 80's, allergies are through the roof and yes....it's windy no matter what the weather guy says. I have been riding more outside and I always know that somewhere, somehow....I'm gonna get some wind to deal with. I knew this going into the season so I have kinda embraced it. Yeah it's windy.... so what? This goes along with my other thoughts of, so it's raining......so what? There are hills on this route.....so what? I keep saying "Bring it!" I don't advise others to take this attitude on because you kinda have to have a different mindset and have the unique ability of not giving a shit of what people think about you. I look at it this way, if it's windy, wet, cold or hilly it's only going to make me better/ stronger. I am confident in my riding skills and I am comfortable riding with traffic so what others think about a said route doesn't get to me. If I came to ride then I am riding.

Today I rode to work again in the morning after a 40 minute core set with Mo. The ride was nice but the same as usual. On the way home the wind was worse than it has been all spring. I had a total headwind and I was ok with that. I just played it a little more safe than I usually do and pushed the best I could. At one point when going downhill on 360 I was pushing my second easiest gear the bike had with a 85 cad. I was going 12 mph......that's downhill!!! Just a bit of a breeze. Once back at the ptc I changed into some running attire and ran down to J&A's and back. Just about 4 miles. I would have ran with the Ship but the intensity of the runs that they are doing isn't going to keep me healthy for very long. I think one workout a week with them will be good. The run today was tough as I couldn't get into a good grove but that's fine. I have a long weekend ahead of me so I'll forget all about it by tomorrow.

1 comment:

Rockin Austin said...

Ahhh...I need to embrace the wind. Maybe that's what I've been doing wrong!